The 4th annual East Bay Mini Maker Faire is gearing up for Sunday, October 20th, and to celebrate we’ve decided for the first time to put on a Kick-off and Town Hall at one of the East Bay’s largest makerspaces, American Steel Studios.
- East Bay Mini Maker Faire 2013 Call for Makers Launch
- Wednesday, July 10th, 2013
- 6—9 p.m.
- American Steel Studios, 1960 Mandela Pkwy (park on 20th)
Please RSVP one of two ways: Facebook (and please share it with your maker community!) OR Eventbrite.
We will launch the 2013 Call for Makers, and share the low-down on fair plans for the October 20, 2013 East Bay Mini Maker Faire. Plus:
- learn about Oakland Makers, a new local association of industrial arts, technologists, artists, manufacturers, and educators. Steve Young of The Crucible, Hiroko Kurihara of the 25th Street Collective Karen Cusolito of American Steel, and other charter members will share the story and vision behind this new maker initiative.
- meet the fair organizers; get your questions answered about the event (especially if you have not participated in the past); pitch ideas for your exhibit; learn more about volunteering; contribute curatorial ideas and suggestions!
- tour West Oakland’s largest maker space with American Steel co-founder Karen Cusolito. First tour starts promptly at 6 PM; last tour at 8 PM.
- eat and drink 😀
So we can have enough food and drink for all, Please RSVP one of two ways: Facebook (and please share it with your maker community!) OR Eventbrite.
If you have questions or ideas, please get in touch at email@example.com.
Hope to see you there!
—The East Bay Mini Maker Faire 2013 team